[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: re: E34 Clutch pedal to the floor!!-Repost

> >> Is it the clutch master & slave cylinder or something else.
> >> Any ideas?

On my E34 during a brake fluid change I managed to get a significant
amount of air into the clutch system.  When I dropped the car back down
and was getting ready to drive it I stepped on the clutch pedal and it
dropped to the floor.  The fix was to pressure bleed the clutch with
someone working the pedal rapidly up and down.  I'm sure there is still
some air in it, but I'll have to remove the slave and invert it to get
the rest of the air out.  The only real plus about the design of the
bleed on the clutch slave is that it'll get out any water that is in the
slave (which isn't very likely because of the clutch fluid pickup being
above the bottom of the reservoir :^| ).
Sorry I missed the first posting, my email has been hosed lately.
- --
Pat Donahue
Vienna, VA
'91 M5 4GTFUL