[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Recall for new California gas?

poffen@domain.elided (Russ Poffenberger) writes:
>> From: cshuster@domain.elided
>> Date: Fri, 20 Sep 96 17:51:18 pst
>> Subject: Recall for new California gas?
>>

>>   A poster said earlier he had heard on TV that BMW was doing a recall
>>   involving the fuel system because of the new California reformulated
>>   gasoline.  Does anyone have any further info on this?
>
>Call your local dealer and give them your last 7 digits of your VIN. They can
>look it up.
>
>My 1990 325i (E30) is covered, it goes in on Oct 4 for that work.

Is this a new recall or is it the same one they've had for a while
due to the fuel line aging (Fuel Feed Hose Recall Campaign #94V-066)?

If it's the old one, then I don't think it's due to the new CA gas.
This recall was issued back in '94 and the new gas didn't hit the
streets until well after that.

            Thanks!
                Larry.
Lawrence R. Schwarcz, Software Design Engr/NCD      Internet:  lrs@domain.elided
Hewlett Packard Company                               Direct:  (408) 447-2543
19420 Homestead Road MS 43LN                            Main:  (408) 447-2000
Cupertino, CA 95014                                      Fax:  (408) 447-2264
Internal-only WWW: http://hpisrhw.cup.hp.com/~lrs/homepage.html
O-
             Copywight (c) 1996 Elmer Fudd.  All wights wesewved.