[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Don't Zymol wax textured plastic

I would not recommend applying the Zymol Carbon wax (or any wax for that
matter) to the _textured_ rubber/plastic switches around your bumpers.
I stress textured as the smooth rubber like what's on the doors of E36
cars is fine.  When I first used Zymol Carbon I might misinterpreted
others' posts about mighty Zymol and I dutifully applied it to the
textured plastic on my bumpers.

Boy, what a mess.

I tried Back to Black, Black Chrome, etc. etc. and nothing would get it
out.  My car was shiny and reflective but the bumpers looked awful.  I
finally tried the peanut butter suggestion and was impressed by the
results.  I rubbed it in with a stiff brush(masking the painted surfaces
nearby), and the peanut butter acted like a draftsman's putty eraser,
picking up grime and buildup, and the oil left a nice shine. The stiff
brush definitely made a difference in terms of getting into the texture.
 I too was skeptical....

YMMV,
Fabian- Tarheel Chapter BMWCCA
94 325i -crying for a new application of Zymol Carbon
           Just bought a metallic gray 87 325iC and some Zymol, both for
the first
           time. On what surface can I use the HD-Cleanse and Carbon
Wax? Can it be
           used on the plastic gray pieces aroung the bumpers? What
about the chrome?