[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re-setting service lights...

Hi all,

As a newbie BMW digest reader I would respectfully ask (still quivering after
reading some of the web-lashing that has been in recent digests) other members
of the group the following questions...

How do I reset the service indicator lights for my 1988 325i? Due to her age I
cannot justify spending the hefty servicing $'s that the local BMW service
centre charges. A local (trusted) mechanic has agreed to do servicing for me
but he is not aware how to reset the service lights.

Secondly, the steering wheel has what I think is an unacceptable amount of play
in it. This can be distracting on highway trips.

Any positive responses to this will be appreciated.

Cheers!
Bruce

- --
Bruce Goulevitch                SLATS
Senior Project Scientist	Department of Natural Resources
email: goulevb@domain.elided   Locked Bag 40
Ph:    (061) (07) 3896 3862     Coorparoo D.C., Queensland 4151
Fax:   (061) (07) 3896 3433     AUSTRALIA