[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

How to remove <e36> glove & fuse boxes?

I spent today pulling apart my U.S. '96 318is to add rear fog lights
and electric rear hinged windows.  The foglights are going in just
fine but I have run into a couple snags adding the windows.

First, how do I slide the glovebox out?  I removed a total of eight
screws: two in the vents above the glovebox, two along the top rim of
the box, two along the bottom rim of the box, and then two below the
box.  The sucker is still held fast.

Second, how do I raise the shutter at the back of the main fusebox
that seals off the wiring harness headed through the firewall into the
main cabin?  It won't move and I am about ready to administer extreme
unction and cut it out....

Thanks for any and all help!

- -John
'96 318is

- --
John Firestone, Alfred Wegener Institut   jfiresto@domain.elided
 fuer Polar- und Meeresforschung             +49 (471) 4831 363
Postfach 120161, D-27515 Bremerhaven          ..  ...  .... 149 (fax)
GERMANY