[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: E34 Clutch pedal to the floor!!-Repost

>> Is it the clutch master & slave cylinder or something else.
>> Any ideas?

I've got the previous generation of 5'er - but I've replaced
both the slave and master cylinders on my clutch.

My read (as a non-expert) is ...

1) check (and top-off) your brake fluid level.  On my car, the
clutch draws from a point above the low point for the brakes.  I
guess the don't want a bad clutch to kill your brakes <sorta
makes sense>

2)  hmmm - now that I think about this I'm going to change my
direction.

3)  Your clutch pedal did not return all the way.   Sounds like
a broken return spring in the master cylinder.

Rebuild kits are available, but I was told that I didn't want
one.  The whole assembly was not that much more expensive and
was much easier to install.

This information, BTW, is all based on my E28 experiences.  Your
actual mileage may vary.

Karl Zemlin
BMWCCA 82366
zemlin@domain.elided