[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Door panels bubbles, 89 535

Recently I have noticed that the leather(?) skin on the door panel is
separating from its backing.  There is basically a large air bubble
forming where the door handle attaches to the door panel.  This
is pretty bad on both rear doors and is showing in both front door.
I believe that this is a defect of some sort (Bad glue).  I have had
many "older" cars and have never seen something like this.

Today I took the car to the local dealer and complained.  He gave me
the BMW 800 number to raise the issue but was NOT hopeful in BMW taking
any kind of responsibility.

I was wondering if others have seen this problem.  BTW the cost of
replacing all door skins is about $2500.

If possible please send a copy of yr response to my "work" email
address (davidb@domain.elided).

Thanks,

David