[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Seat mounting

I just got a  set of Recaro type ( or maybe for real) seats out of a later
model 325is
These are the kind with the deep blosters, the lever in the front for back
and forth and the two lever on the side to adjust height and back angle.
They also have a knob to roll out the front knee bolster to give your legs
full support.

They will not mount to the stock mounts in my 71 02.  the seat ends up
sitting too high.. Their rails are a bit too narrow too were they not too
high..
Before I cut out the seat mounts and fab something else to mount these too.
I am wondering if anyone has mounted this or another seat in a 02 and if
they have any words to the wise before I fire up the sawsall, grinder and
torch.?????

thanx
Ray Kirkland
635 Csi