[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Why don't some models have any badges?

Fastlaane@domain.elided writes:

>In Germany, when you're driving down the "autobahn" and you see a BMW
>flashing by you at the blink of an eye, nine times out of ten, it
>won't have a model number on it.  I was told by a BMW dealer in
>Germany - I was stationed there for a total of eight years - that
>Germans are very reserve[d] about exterior advertising....

To recapitulate earlier discussions, people order their cars without
badges because:

  - they don't want to excite either the envy or mirth of their
    neighbors (depending on the model)

  - they don't want to wax around those pesky numbers and letters

  - they don't care for the font.

Has this question made it into the FAQ?

- -John
'96 318is

- --
John Firestone, Alfred Wegener Institut   jfiresto@domain.elided
 fuer Polar- und Meeresforschung             +49 (471) 4831 363
Postfach 120161, D-27515 Bremerhaven          ..  ...  .... 149 (fax)
GERMANY