[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Sticky switches

> >I always just end up taking the switches apart, cleaning them with
> >hot water, regreasing the contacts, and putting them back together.
> >And the E23/24/28 power seat switches are a lot easier to take apart
> >than it would seem.
>
> Ben, what kind of grease do you use on them?  I've often wondered what
> grease might be a good enough lubricant but not have so much film strength
> that it interfered with contact conductivity.

Actually, I mainly just grease the sliding contact areas and pivots,
not really the electrical contact portions.  Slight brain fade there.

I typically use whatever grease is handy -- lithium, multi-purpose, etc.
Although the Wurth HHS 2000 lube spray works well -- it's a good
lubricant and works well to lube the sliding/pivot contacts as well
as doesn't interfere with the electrical contacts.  Very easy to use
too...

Ben