[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bmw-digest V5 #259

I'm new to this digest and I have been watching quietly from the sidelines
for the past few days.  I have to say that what you have been discussing
appears to be for the most part, very useful and informative information.  I
hope to be able to add to that in the future.

Here's my question:

I will be taking delivery in Munich of a '97 M3 sometime in late
spring/early-summer '97.  I want to know if it is worth my while to postpone
my order a bit to try and get the new transmission.

1) Does anyone know when the new SMT (Sequential M Transmission) will be
available for US spec M3's, or how I can get an honest, reliable answer?

2) I have been mentally wrestling with the question of whether or not I want
this type of transmission.  Does anyone have any experience with this type
of tranny?

3) I have also been considering importing a Euro spec car (cabriolet,
321-horse, 6 speed).  I know for a fact this can be done, but does anyone
know who I should contact to get more specifics, particularly where in
Europe I should buy the car?

My apoloies for taking up so much room on the digest and not contributing
anything, but any help I get would be appreciated.

Thanks.

P.S. - The SMT will ELIMINATE all of this over-rev crap, human or mechanical
(although the purist left-footers will probably cry foul).