[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

M42 engine

I was away for a week or so, so I am about 40 digests behind, but a
thread was active a while back on the head gasket problem on the
M42...318 engines.  My recollection is that most folks felt sure that
BMW had fixed the problem for 1993 and later cars...

My own 318i is a '94...built 2/94, and now my brother-in-law bought a
'95, built 9/94 with 30k on the odometer.  He had a diagnostic done on
the car before purchasing, and the mechanic warned him that this problem
occurs btw 35k and 70k miles.  Is it still a problem w/ the later
engines?

TIA,

- --
john
'87  325 138k (Dinan Chip, Racing Dynamics springs/Billstein shocks)
'94  318i 20k
http://www.hooked.net/users/johnt/bmw.html