[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<e24> Won't start

                      Subject:                              Time:  10:06 AM
  OFFICE MEMO         <e24> Won't start                     Date:  9/20/96

Morning all,

I have a 1985 635 CSi that will crank, but not start.  It started when I wen't
to do a errand.  It drove there fine, but when I tried to drive home (about 2
hours later) the car cranked over fine, but wouldn't start and needed to be
towed home.

I've checked the connections under the hood, but to no avail.  I removed the
black box, from above the glove compartment, took the cover off to see if
anything looked burnt (nothing did), and reinstalled the box.

The car then started.  And I turned off and restarted it several times over a
5 minute period.  I then let it run for a few minutes (long enough to start
cleaning up) and it promptly died and won't restart.

Do any of you electrical guru's have a good place to start looking (I've got a
good ohm meter)?  I'm REALLY not wholly convinced that unplugging, and
replugging, the black box temporarally fixed the problem.

Could it be a relay?  It's getting fuel, but no visual spark.

Any clues would help the clueless.

Best regards,
Jim Houts
j2j@domain.elided