[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

PPPP Error on E30 OBC

>>>>> Original Message >>>>>

Well, I decided to change the battery on my sister's 87 325is to prepare for the
winter season (the battery was over 4 years old).  After doing so and resetting
the date and time on the OBC, I noticed that in every mode (av mpg, timer, av
mph...), the OBC would display PPPP and no numbers.  For example, average mph
would display PPPPmpg.  Has anybody else had this problem?  If so, maybe you
could point me in the right direction in fixing it.  My guess is that the
ni-cads need to be changed, but I'm not sure.   Suggestions?

<<<<< Reply <<<<<

I had this problem once.  I checked the owner's manual for the OBC
and it said "if the display reads PPP, contact your dealer" so I
called them.  They said the unit needed to be reset and I would
have to bring the car in.  That was rather inconvienient at the
time so I just went back out to the garage, disconnected the
battery cable and connected it back up again and everything was
fine.

Don Mies
85 635CSi (The latest of 8 BMWs) - Wonderful car!!
Thinking (very hard) about a Z3