[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E30><M3> Wheel/tire sizes ?

     All;

     I have the OEM 15x7's with non-OEM size 225/50-15 tires mounted. I
     know I can easily mount readily available 16x7.5's shod with
     225/45-16, but I am hesitant to go through the trouble (and $$) for
     only .5 inch more wheel width, a little less sidewall, and NO real
     increase in tire section width.

     So, can I try a wider 16-incher (forget 17" - I live in the DC area)
     that is 8" or wider (I want the same on all four corners) and a tire
     greater than a 225, say 235 or 245 ?

     This may be a stupid inquiry and a waste of bandwith, but thanks in
     advance for any input !

     Bob T