[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: M3 over-revs (again?, yeah again, well not really)

 Seems that most of the M3 missed shifts are for '95 M3s. Seems
that there was this "fix" that some posters have noted. Just to
add to the fire, my recolection is that went the 328 was introduced
the increase in torque required the mating of the '95 M3 5 spd to
the 2.8L engine for the '96s. (that's what I have read anyway.)
Now, I have not read anthing about 328s missing shifts. I find mine
to be a very smooth shifting trans, but perhaps the "fix" is in.
  Now if my source re the use of the '95 M3 trans in the 328 is
incorrect, well  then this is not relavent, but...
  Buy the way, all you guys over reving M3, are you just down
shifting and dumping the cluch? Can you feel that you hit the wrong
gear and nail the cluch again to prevent the over-rev? I have miss
a few sdown shifts in my day, yet never over reved the engine as a
result. So, maybe there is some abuse involved here as well.

 I know I will regret getting into this one. I do feel for all
those who have suffered, but I just don't get it.

  John k...