[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<misc> Selling thru the Net

Troy Brewster makes a good case for his proposal for buying/selling thru the
net.  Having had a fair amount of experience with this (I essentially parted
out a 914 thru Net ads), I thought I would post my process.

1.  If selling, I include shipping in the price.  Its easy these days to get
UPS estimates from their web page.

2.  Terms:  Once a price is agreed upon, I ship the goods upon reciept of
the personal check.  I do not cash the check until I have verified thru the
UPS web page and thru the buyer that they have received the goods.  If you
think about it, this much the same practice that mail order companies use,
except its more common to use your credit card (they don't get paid
instantly, just a promise that they will get paid from the card issuer).

I've dealt with a few people on this list in this manner.  Maybe I'm just
lucky, but its always worked out for well for both of us.

just my 02 cents worth...

Mike

Kim & Mike Hood-Douda	Raindance Farm  "Goats & BMWs...living
raindance@domain.elided	Lacomb, Oregon   in harmony!"