[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Over Rev E36

> From: tude3@domain.elided (Gary Bossert )
> Subject: RE: M3 overev
>
> I can't be sure of this (Jim C. do you know?) but a reliable source
> told me that if the car is over-reved the BMW dealer computer can tell
> once it is linked to the car's brain.

No, the computer does not store it. I know this for a FACT.

IMO if you over-rev your engine it is your fault not BMWs and
> they shouldn't have to pay for it because you don't know how to drive
> or put in a chip with a ridiculous rev limit.

That's your IMO. It happened to plenty of people w/o chips. No other
sychroed production car in the world will shift into 1st at 100 mph. The
E36 will. Also, there are known design flaws contributing to this
problem. These problems are detailed in internal BMW memos. This will
all come out in the class action lawsuit.

Eric Sternberg
95 M3