[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bmw-digest V5 #255

I had an eery feeling as I drove the 6er to a luncheon today and I noted a
"ticking" noise as I drove by any solid object that would reflect sound.
Listened to a nice presentation on the Kemper Open and had a nice lunch.
As I turned onto 28 east and began to accelerate this raspy buzzing noise
came from the right rear of the car.  Stopped the car and inspected that
quadrant only to find that I had lost a chunk of those damn TRXs and the
tread was peeling back slapping against the wheelwell at speed.  Glad
that didn't happen at 80 MPH!

In any event ordered some Mille Miglia MMII wheels and some Potenza RE940
tires.  Hope that wasn't a bad choice.  Any experience with either
product?  The salesman (Dean) said that they were popular with 6er owners.

Only got about a week on the spare so had to do something and wasn't
going to get any more DAMN TRXs.  Jim

James M. Dodmead (Jim)			Network Engineering and
nets@domain.elided				Technical Services (NETS), Inc.
V 301.854.4945				14825 Burntwoods Road
F 410.489.7508                          Glenwood, MD  21738