[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

318ti groaring

Last year, when I noticed the whooping of my A/C on my 95 ti, I took
it in to the dealership.  The advisor said BMW had issued a fix for
this common problem, but the fix itself wasn't very effective.  I
waited through the winter, and I returned to the dealership this
spring when it started acting up again (read:  when I started using
the A/C again).  The new fix was issued for the car.  It entaills a
replacement of the expansion valve, which was great news--it meant a
free A/C recharge.  This was done free of charge, and, according to
the invoice, it took about three hours.
  While the car is in there, check the black plastic strips on the
sides of the door frames.  It's common for these to bubble or peel
off, and the dealers will replace them.

Good luck,
Alec Marshall
Va. Beach, VA