[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

excessive tire wear question

I took my  71 02 to the track two days ago with a new set of TA r1's (
195-60-14s) mounted on 14X6 wheels.
It was a good fast day but at the end of it I had completely taken out the
front tires.

I have my car set up stiff, heavest Billistines, thick short 5" springs. 19
and 22 bars.  relitively high ride height, very little body roll. Stock (
read no-camber adjustment) ft strut mounts.

One 90 deg left ( quite tight) I could not get the car not to push on.. ( I
have my adj rear bar on loosest setting) ( 3b for those of you that know
SIR)   I was running balanced tire pressure at around 42 psi when hot.
The car used to be quite loose until I put in a limited slip, It is fairly
nuetural now except pushing as I said above...
Though I do not mind driving a tail wagger I like them a nutural as
possible, and really hate pushing.

I am running low on toy funds and need to keep the costs within reason and
want to do the work myself.

Should I lower the car to get out ride height and get some neg camber in
it.
If so suggestion as to how to do it properly.. I would like to keep my
Billistines

Camber plates: any experience and costs? What else does one have to do to
use them?

What does coil over mean???If I lower much I will have to install some type
of flair.
Any suggestions of directions would be appreachiated..

thanx in advance.

Ray ( I would not ship my car anywhere I could drive) Kirkland
round tail light 02
635Csi