[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E34 (525I) Battery and Seat Removal

remove the rear seat to gain access to his battery, I must
comment that his Chilton book DOES, in fact, have the removal
procedure for the rear seat. Check out page 10-13 under the
heading "Rear Seat" or directly in the battery removal procedure
on page 1-17. Robert, if you need anymore help finding
information in that book, e-mail me and I'll be happy to assist
you. The R and I procedure is there and is consistant with the
instructions given by other digesters. I also note that the owners
manual doesn't have the seat removal for teh fixed rear seat, but
the strap shown is for the fold down rear seat in the touring
(thats station wagon for you non-BMW press folks!). The owners
manual also says the battery is located under the hood on the
525i's and under the seat for other versions. Does anyone else
have a 525i with the battery under the seat?