[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re:<misc> What tires to buy?

To: Internet: bmw-digest@domain.elided

Ron asks:

>>I'd welcome suggestions for other tires as well that people
>>like that are in the $60 per tire range for a P195 65 HR14
>>with good traction and wear ratings.

I purchased BFGoodrich Comp T/A HR4 Generation 2 tires last
year for my E30.  They are size 195/60 HR14 and I'm very
happy with them.  They are rated Treadwear-360, Temperature-
A, Traction-A.  The price was right at $62 each.  This month I
saw an advertised (Road and Track Magazine) price of $58 for
the same tires.

I use these tires when I autocross and often beat other cars
in my class that are equipped with racing tires.  (When I
showed up at an autocross last weekend, one of the participants
pointed at my car and stated "There's that sleeper BMW!".)

TIP:
Get the cheapest advertised price from Discount Tire as
printed in the latest Road & Track Magazine.  Cut out the
advertisement and take it to your local discount tire chain
(like Tire America).  They will meet or beat the advertised
price and you'll save on freight too.

Jay Baudendistel
'84 318i
You guessed it! I work for Michelin/Uniroyal-Goodrich!