[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<misc> E36 door panel

Tim Tsai asked
>  Any suggestions on taking apart the front passenger door panel?
>I'ved removed the two screws behind the door handle but I can't seem
>to find a way to get beyond this point.  My Haynes manual is useless
>on this.

Don't know if this will work *but* I noticed a 318ti I was in the
other day was set up the same as my E30 325i so..

After taking out the two screws in the door grab handle

pop off the little plastic panel covering the whole where on the
drivers door the switches are for the power mirrors

there is another screw in there

the whole grab handle can then be slid forward (back?) and wiggled out

And then to remove the door panel un-pop all along the bottom three
edges - little plastic snaps hold the panel to the door

push up on the door panel and it will slide up and off

chris pawlowicz
'89 325i