[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E36 Alarm fix, supposedly ready!!!

     Hello Digesters,

     All of you with factory alarm problems should call your servicing
     dealer and tell them you believe the fix is ready. My dealer called
     today and said the new and improved part (for my car) is in his hot
     little hand. I update the list after it is installed next Saturday.

     Also, I response to: "A. Kamyab" <kamyab@domain.elided>:

     >Another reason, especially with regard to the security system, is
     >that it was designed to work specifically with the car. I'm sure
     >there are better, less expensive, more feature laden systems out
     >there, BUT do they work seamlessly with the car, do they require
     >additional wiring, resulting in problems with reliability later on,
     >do they double lock the doors, etc...

     Not necessarily, any alarm with a multi-function remote can be made to
     operate the double locks on the car. This alarm is JUST is OLD ALPINE
     that has been configured to plug right in!!! The big disadvantage to a
     pre-wired plug right in kinda thing, IS:  Every car that has this
     alarm will have the alarm brain installed in the exact same place in
     the vehicle, using the same wires, in the same locations. Defeat one
     and you've defeated them all!!!

     Dean