[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

97 740i speed limiter removal

Hello everyone!
My father just purchased a brand new 1997 740i Aspen Silver with a =
burgandy interior.
Just a few questions....

Our dealer said that he isn't able to remove the speedlimiter which is =
set at 208km/h (123mph??) and this is just absurd!  I clearly remember =
taking my fathers 89 735i way over 220km/h and that was a 735i !!!
anyway, have any of you taken this speed limiter off? I really do not =
wish to be highbeemed by a civic while we are on the hwy!

Also, we paid an extra $6000 for the Hartge Package which we still did =
not get.  So right now, we have everything stock, and this package is =
supposed to be here in like a month! ???? Our dealer said that the =
Hartge accessories are still not available for the 740i, and I am =
wondering if this is true.  We are supposed to be getting new wheels and =
rims (18") the spoiler kits, and new exhaust system with VISIBLE exhaust =
tips that are flat looking.  Does anyone have this on their new 7 =
series? I know my cousin's have all those modificiations on their older =
serives 5series, and it gives the car a "meaner" look!

All in all, I was kind of dissapointed in the new 7 series because:

1) the engine hood opens like a regular car, ie, open by the front =
instead of vice versa
2) THERE IS NO HAND BRAKE???  it is now a foot brake, and this is =
reminding me of my fathers Cadilac!
3) Speed limiter
4) the speedometer only reads up to 240km/h where as older 7 series went =
up to 260km/h
5) No visisble exhaust tips
6) The older 7 series had nicer rear tail lights, and overall looked =
like a 7series, this one looks like a 5series

thats all I can think of for now, but give me a few weeks with the car, =
and I will figure out more.
anyway
happy driving

P.S.
I was doing about 220km/h in my ProbeGT when the owner's son of the BMW =
dealer shot right by me on the autoroute with his 321HP M3, man, what a =
site!
ciao all
Emmanuele Arduini
Montreal,Canada