[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: E23 745i A/C fan

Chris

I am also experiencing a dead HVAC system.  I have been trying to track this
one down for the past 3 months - I've almost given up !!!

Question for you:  How do you know if its the blower fan?  My system just
stopped working one day, so I set about finding the problem.  So far, I have
checked the following things:

o  Fuses and relays for AC, Aux fan, and blower
o  Removed the two circuit boards from behind the dash that control the
temp, fan speed and air distribution and had the components checked (Thanx
Andrew West ;-))

Still no go.  I understand that there is a control unit that adjusts the
vacuum controlled flaps that also has a 5 amp fine wire fuse in it.  I have
found this control unit and it is not easy to get to.  I managed to pull the
cover off hoping to see a fuse, but was confronted with yet another circuit
board.

I think I'll have to get the wiring manual from Dealer Marketing or one of
those places over there so I can better diagnose this problem.

As a last resort, I will take the car to a chap here who is supposed to be
good at diagnosing Euro electric faults.

I will let you know.

Stephen Callaghan
BMW Club Queensland, Australia