[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: September Roundel

>- - One article mentioned the similarity in styling with that the
>Corvair.  But there was no mention that Baron Von <something-or-other>
>had a hand in designing the 2002 and the Corvair.   I met this guy at
>an OktoberFest in Tulsa.   He not only designed the 2002 and Corvair,
>but also did the Datsun 240Z (which my wife currently drives).
>Surely, an issue of the Roundel should have mentioned his name
>somewhere.

Wasn't this Goertz (sp?) who designed both the 240z and the BMW 507?  I
don't know if he designed the Corvair (might have as I believe he was a
consultant on a variety of projects) but I don't think he designed the
'02 body (which I thought was an internal effort based on the four door
new class cars).

- --Ware
'72 & '74 2002tii