[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<02> Valve Cover Venting Solution

Thanks to all for their ideas and inputs.  It is very apparent that there
are a lot of creative individuals on this list.  Here's what I ended up with...

I obtained a used VDO brand windshield washer solution bottle and mounting
bracket from our one and only former BMW CCA Greater Oregon Chapter
President (when we had a Greater Oregon Chapter) David Lumbra of 2002
Restorations in Eugene, Oregon.  Thanks David!

I mounted the bracket on the driver's side fender wall near the firewall.
The bottle was drilled and tapped to accept the appropriate sized brass
nipple.  The old valve cover hose was re-used to run between the valve cover
and bottle. I loosely filled the bottle with cheesecloth to act as a
filter/condensation media.  Since the bottle came without the cap, I didn't
have to drill additional holes for pressure relief.  It works!  Total cost:
free.

Again thanks for all the ideas.

Mike
Kim & Mike Hood-Douda	Raindance Farm  "Goats & BMWs...living
raindance@domain.elided	Lacomb, Oregon   in harmony!"