[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[none]

>Your 535i is designed and specified to run just fine on 87 octane =
regular
>unleaded gas.  IMO there is nothing to be gained by using premium over
>brand name regular...........

My experience with my 89' E34 535i is different:

Using Amoco Gold, 93 Octane Ultimate Clear, I get the following mileage, =
driving on a 62 degree F day, with wind less than 3 MPH, going 5 miles =
in each direction on a flat, straight highway, with only me (180 pounds) =
plus a full tank of fuel:

MPH:	MPG:
=3D=3D=3D=3D	=3D=3D=3D=3D
55	31.8
65	29.0
75	25.3
85	23.0

By using Amoco 89 Octane, I get noticable performance degradation, a =
hotter running engine and 2 - 3 MPG LESS on the above numbers.  Think =
about WHY you drive a BMW when you choose your fuel.

Bryan Schuett
89' 535i - stock, 145,000 miles