[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<02> re: 02 driveshaft

Ray asks in part...
First is to install a 5 speed. I want to find or shorten the driveline at
a fair price. The shops want between $375 and $450 to shorten and balance
the whole unit.Is there a more reasonable way? I though of pressing out the
Ujoint and sending the short front piece to be shortened and balanced. This
should not affect the overall balance of the unit.and should cost less?
I have heard that on later drivelines you cannot be replace the Ujoint?
Questions? comments?

Ray:

While I have no personal experience with these folks, I have read some
positive comments in the past about them, and maybe someone on the digest
can confirm it..D.L.S. of Atlanta at 770-242-9366 does all of what you've
asked, as well as Driveline Service of Portland at 800-227-8608.

Might be a good place to start..

Jeff