[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Winter Tires

The time is approaching to get a set of winter tires.  Since I've never done it
before I have some questions.

1. I've heard that Bridgestine Blizzaks are the best.  Is this true ?

2. I checked with local NTW Tire store and they can get them for ~$178,- /
piece, but Bridgestone doesn't make Blizzaks in the right size to fit my 16"
wheels (96' 328is Sports Package).  What should I do ?  Get a set of wheels
specifically for the Blizzaks ?  To my knowledge there are some cheapo steel
wheels for $150 a pop.

3. Get inferior (non Blizzaks) snow tires which will fit my wheels ?  I don't
have any specific knowledge that anybody actually makes snow tires which fit the
16" wheels.

4. Any words of wisdom on this issue ?  Do's, Dont's etc.

TIA

Chris

96' E36 328is Montreal Blue / Gray Leather
Sports Package, 5 Speed, AST, Heated Seats
Alpine / HK Sound