[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Modifying an 88 528e

dougs@domain.elided  ASKS:

Has anyone tried improving an 88 528e, automatic?  Is it worth it?

What I want is better throttle response and acceleration so that I can
get out of situations, but I don't want to spend $1000's doing it.

ANSWER:  The best improvement that you can do is to replace the Differential
with one from a 535 or 635.  There is an 11% improvement in torque with the 3.25
ratio rear and 18% imprivrment with the 3.46.  A good chip will increase hp to
148 so for about $450 for the diff and $250 for the chip the personality of your
car will change.

Hope this helps
Bob
Many BMWs