[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: <E36>Speedo Problems?

......I had set it at 75 mph. Unfortunately, it does not give you
that friendly warning chime until the needle on the speedo crosses 80
mph. Does my speedo need to be recalibrated? Are the speedo's
deliberately 'fast'? ......

 I have the exact same problem. Interesting enough, the odometer and the
distance function on the computer tick off the same milage so the error
seems to be limited to the speedo. I have checked the speedo against
 a measured mile and the speedo in my car is fast. Reads 80 when the
limt sounds for 75, as yours. All I can say is I am glad that the limit
seems to be correct. I can hear it now, "But officer, the limit function
was set for XXX and it didn't go off. I couldn't have possibily been going
that fast!" :-)
 I also tried this. On a long section of highway without trafic I set the
cruse control to matain a constant speed. Then reset the average speed
function on the computer. Stating the obvious, since the speed is constant
the average speed and instantaneous speed should be the same. Guess what,
at a speedo indicated 80 mph the computer reads 76.

 Well thats two 328's, anybody else have a data point?

  John k...