[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: <E36> Speedo Problems?

  Jean-Paul Yi Lie <jl67+@domain.elided> writes:

  <I was wondering if any of you <E36> owners have experienced speedometer
  <problems? Here is my situation: I just took my first extended trip in my
  <'96 <E36> 328is. I was fooling with the OBC and utilizing the 'Limit'
  <function. I had set it at 75 mph. Unfortunately, it does not give you
  <that friendly warning chime until the needle on the speedo crosses 80
  <mph. Does my speedo need to be recalibrated? Are the speedo's
  <deliberately 'fast'? TIA for any help or comments with past experiences.

  Hit the "Speed" button, then hit "Set/Res".  This resets the averaging,
  so you get a better idea of what the OBC thinks your current speed is.
  On my '95 325i, when the speedo shows 70, OBC says 67 or so.

  <One more question: how do you know when the ASC+T kicks in? It was
  <pretty slippery here over the weekend and I heard some noises on
  <acceleration I am not familiar with when the tires slip (sounded like
  <knocking on wood). Thanks again.

  The yellow icon with a wheel and some arrows flashes on and off, and the
  car slows down below what your accelerator pedal is signaling.  I don't
  remember hearing knocking noises.  Anyone have a guess?

  --Cy--

'95 325i/sports Kuehlschrankweiss, BMW CCA Golden Gate Chapter, San Jose, CA