[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Modifying an 88 528e

Has anyone tried improving an 88 528e, automatic?  Is it worth it?  I've
read about Dinan chips and K/N filters.  The Dinan only gives 2 HP and
20lbs torque for the 528e, so I don't really think it is worth it, but I
am open to being told otherwise.

I put in the K/N replacement filter. I think it improved things a
little, but not sure.  Would the cone be better?

Plus I've heard about larger throttles (not sure if I'm right), changing
exhaust and even changing the rear gear ratio with one from either a 535
or a 633.

What I want is better throttle response and acceleration so that I can
get out of situations, but I don't want to spend $1000's doing it.

Thanks in advance.

ds