[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: <E36> 318ti add-ons

Richard, and any other 318ti onwers:

> From: "Richard M. Poniarski" <rponiarski@domain.elided>
> Date: Sun, 15 Sep 1996 19:06:45 -0400
> Subject: 318ti Add-ons
>
>         A while ago someone on the list said that there were a number of
> ad-on parts at the dealerships for the 318ti. I was looking through my
> saved messages, and couldn't find it. Could someone repost it, or
> information where I can find out (my dealer has been no help).
>
> Richard M. Poniarski
> rponiarski@domain.elided
> '95 BMW 318ti Sport
> "If you have to ask..."

The two recently (Spring/Summer '96) new accessories offered for the E36
318ti series are:

	P/N 63 17 146 9706	Fog light kit  - MSRP $195.00
	P/N 82 24 940 2930	Rear sun blind - MSRP $165.00

I have the foglight kit installed on my '95 318ti Active.  Since you have
a Sport package, you already have foglights.  Lucky you! :)

For those who want the foglights (for their base or active models), it can
be quite EXPENSIVE as some of us on the digest have discovered.  The
dealer, unknowingly, will quote 1-1.5 hours for the labor but in reality,
it will take 4-5 hours at least, because the car isn't prewired and it
isn't a simple procedure.  Hint: if your dealer quotes you 1-1.5 hours,
GET IT IN WRITING and make them agree to it.

Note: If you aren't on my "mailing list" (an informal list of all 318ti
owners that I keep in touch with), send me mail; I'm interested in knowing
whether what kind of problems, repairs, etc. that you have had done to
your car, such as the famous A/C purge valve problem. :)

Regards,

David Tay <tsr@domain.elided>     BMW CCA #130574, '95 E36/5 318ti
  Tay Systems Research                     CompuServe: 74213,2471
    3554 Chain Bridge Rd., #100          Tel. 703/760-9022
      Fairfax, VA 22030-2709, USA     Fax. 703/893-1154