[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

1990 525IA

Hi all,

I have a 1990 525ia with 80,000 miles on it. The car does not kick down
to a lower gear when the gas pedal is floored. This only happens after
the car is driven at high speeds, at running temp, for at least 1 hour
of travel time. The dealer replaced a kick down cable. It did not fix it.
Next, the dealer removed the governor from the transmission and cleaned it.
This appeared to solve the problem for about 3 days and now it has started
again. I should mention that I can manualy down shift and the car responds
correctly and shifts down and up with no problems.
I have spent 377.00 dollars finding out what does not fix it, so
before I spend any more money I would like to find out if any one else
has had this problem and how they solved it. It could be that I need to
have the governor replaced but I would like some input before I spend
the money.

E-mail gxs@domain.elided
Work Phone (520) 570-2564

Thanks,