[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<newsletters> We're being watched

>>>>> Original Message >>>>>

     My point about this is twofold, Why does Slick 50 have someone
monitoring the 'Net for what is said about it product. Are they paranoid?
Looking for a lawsuit againt some poor BMW car club chapter.? Secondly his
response seem to be the standard "look at our test" and Gee Fram says it ok(
Hell they're selling it implanted in to a oil filter). My System One filter
screen was loaded with a semi-clear mess (looked like thick snot) that was
slippery to the touch.What the hell else was it after putting T-plus into it.
My brother Oberg fine screen was ruined by Slick 50 the same way, he could
never get it out.
     I like some of your thought on whether I should just tell him to go away
, just ignore him, send him the article or post his email address and start a
Slick 50 flame war. It bothers me that we are being watched for what we say
and think that some corporations have people whose job it is to monitor
comments and such about there products. My gut tells me to jsut ignore him
and maybe he'll go away. Hell the 890 copies of the Zundfolge shouldn't cause
a drop in their stock prices if everyone didn't but there junk.
      Thanks for the bandwidth, keep those motors at the redline

<<<<< Reply <<<<<

I don't think there is anything "sinister" about a Company
monitoring what is said about them on the net.  In fact, I would
go so far as to say that a Company that does monitor what the
public thinks and says about them is one of the more enlightened
Companies around.

I am a computer consultant for scientific/engineering Companies
and I can tell you that almost all of the Companies that I have
worked for go to great lengths to try to find out what the market
needs and wants.  It is also very valuable to know what the market
thinks about your product so that you can change and improve it if
possible. I wouldn't be so quick to ascribe evil intentions on the
part of Slick 50 just because they are monitoring the web.

I've read some of the articles both pro and con on the oil
additives issue and the one point that I came away with from ALL
of the articles is that NONE of them offer any scientific proof
that the products they are talking about are good or bad.  Almost
all of the "evidence" is anecdotal hearsay!  I would still like to
see some solid, independent evidence one way or another for these
products.

Does anyone know what the addition of a PTFE product to oil does
to the coeficient of friction?  What are its thermal
characteristics?  Give me some hard facts!!!

If the fact that the Rep for Slick 50 monitors the web results in
a meaningful dialog of the merits and pitfalls of their product
then I'm all for it.  It's very rare that you can get too much
information about a product!

Don Mies
85 635CSi (The latest of 8 BMWs) - Wonderful car!!
Thinking (very hard) about a Z3