[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Air conditioning

Hi all--

Just got my first BMW over a week ago-an '86 325. I love this digest. This
is the second time I've asked a question--the first time I received MANY

Couple of questions...

1. Why does my A.C. compressor turn on and off as I adjust the floor air
vent? I want the A.C. to come only from the dash vents, but unless I have
the floor vent adjusted appx. midway, the compressor kicks off. Is this
normal?

2. Is there any way to tighten the air vent louvers? They are so loose in
their
brackets that the weight of the adjusting mechanisms makes them point to
the floor.