[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

1995 M3 Performance Mods

From: "Stephen D. Cohen" <cohensd@domain.elided>
Subject: 1995 M3 Performance Mods

The only performance-related mod I've done is to use a K&N air filter.
It
might help a little at upper revs - hard to say for sure. I am intersted
in
improving performance from great to somewhere beyond - but I was
hesitant
before and still am - to do anything that might cause engine problems -
that
will either destroy it [as it has for other M3 owners] or cause a
serious
problem that will not be covered by the BMW warranty. I am not
interested in
doing the mods myself and my BMW dealer technician boohoos any suggested
changes.

Any thoughts, comments or ideas regarding the above. Any recomms for
place
and/or person to go to - to do or discuss mods in the Philly/South New
Jersey area? To responders - please reply directly to me at above
address as
well as to digest - as you feel is appropriate. TIA

steve ['95 M3 Boston Green 5-speed w/5K miles]
*****
Steve,
I think there is no better place to get information regarding
modifications
for your car than this digest. There are also numerous mail order
distributors and performance shops that can give you plenty of advice
and information. The Roundel magazine is an excellant place to begin
looking for these people. Also request for brochures and catalogs.
Places to contact include (you can look up phone number from Roundel

Rod Sidney on our digest (ad in Roundel classified)
Henry at NOBLE
Anthony at BMP
Bavarian Autosport
Dinan
Autothority
ERT (European Racing Technologies)
AC Schnitzer Distributor, Claus Ettensberger Corp.
Racing Dynamics Catalog
Korman Autoworks
ELP Motorsport

Anything you do has the potential to void your warrantee,
but that hasn't stopped the thousands of BMW owners
seeking additional performance. You have to weigh the
benefit versus the risk and your confort level. The possibilties
are endless and every thing has been done  from Superchargers to
Turbo chargers. There are also many cosmetic mods to
personalize your car. I must warn you, wants you start ,
it becomes quite addicting.

If you really want to improve performance " from great to somewhere
beyond," you need to jump in with two feet without hesitation!
Truthfully, just go one step at a time and learn from others ahead
of you so you don't end up backtracking. You're wallet will
cetainly help you decide how fast you go also. It will be good to some
baseline research yourself before bombarding the digest with questions.
Everyone likes to help the person who has done his homework.
Good Luck

Scott H.-95M3