[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<MISC> Candy-Ass Track Report

Hi folks.

I recently returned from a fantastic track day at Lime Rock and I
wanted to share a couple details with this list.

The weather was so-so, and this worked to my advantage.  Two of the
sessions were wet (one was actually raining) and two were dry.  And,
most important, I had the good fortune to have Walter Selva as my
instructor.  I think we were both a bit apprehensive at first, but by
the end of the first session, I realized I was in the hands of a
first-rate driving instructor!  I'm pretty sure he realized I was one
of the better candy-asses he's instructed, too. 8^)  And by the end of
the day, I think we were both happy to have met.  For the record - any
of you would be fortunate to have him as your instructor at a track
event!!  And, just for the record, I still think I can be more
obnoxious than him when I'm trying.  After all, *I've* made it an art
form.  8^)

During the wet sessions, I was able to get the car a bit sideways and
maintain enough control to *not* have an off-track experience.  This put
me a bit ahead of some of the "racer boys" who had to slow down quite a
bit to avoid trouble.  And I have to say that I owe ALL of my abilities
(and confidence) to Ice Racing.  The high-speed driving skills one learns
on the ice teach car control like no other activity (OK, Rick, the skid
pads works, too).  If only I could convince Jeff Tarr (the Psychic
Advisor) to join us up in New Hampshire again next year... oh well, I'll
keep trying...

Anyway, it was good to meet up with Rick Kjeldsen, Charles Karnati,
Kurt Gibble, and Steve Musolino, as well as Walt and Jeff at the track.

Eta-Power, indeed,
 .steve.

| Steven J. Bernstein              E-mail: bernstein@domain.elided |
| P.O. Box 11242           WWW: http://www.interactive.net/~stevenb/ |