[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Subject: Seats

Bill Kelly writes:

>I have seen much discussion on repairing the headrest motors, but how do
you
>get to them?  I cannot find any fasteners on the seatbacks, and don't feel
>confident about trying the "pull" method I usually resort to!!

If they are like E34s, there are two small sheet metal screws on the lower
sides of the back panel. Remove the small plastic caps (they pull off
easily) to reveal the screw. After that, simply pull the seat back panel
down and out.

BTW, the headrest motor is a "flexible shaft" arrangement connected to a
small gearbox. Will be self explanatory when you get it opened.

Steven C. Morey
smorey@domain.elided
Dallas, TX