[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Accurate BMW parts pricing

Ron Wheeler writes:

>STEAM STEAM STEAM...I once lived in a city (Tampa FL) that had a very
>active local chapter and a dealership that gave members a 20% discount. Now
>I live in a small town outside of Salt Lake City Utah. The first time I was
>in the local BMW dealership here I asked the gentleman at the parts desk
>"do you give club discounts?" His reply, "What club?". When I said the BMW
>CCA he replied (condescendingly) " no, they don't do anything for us". What
>the ____ does that mean. I bet if they knew how many parts I have sent in
>from a dealership in NJ they might at least give me a discount! I would
>talk to my local chapter president about what we could do to change the
>dealerships opinion but I just received a memo from the BMW CCA stating
>that our Chapter, headed up by Rodd Sidney, has lost its charter. So now I
>have no locals to rally with and no support from my area dealer. I'd just
>like to know if the majority of the dealerships that have a club chapter
>nearby give a discount. At the very least I'll know where not to move in
>the future!

I guess I've found my "DOUBLE" !!!! Little did I know there was a 2nd RODD
SIDNEY in the USA but one actively involved in BMW'S WOW! Just a
clarification RODD SIDNEY lives in El Paso Texas, is a member of the
LONESTAR Chapter headed by Glen McConnell in San Antonio and last time I
checked we were a subchapter here in tiny El Paso. What or WHO Ron Wheeler
is refering to, or why, is truly beyond me.He's either been smokin the
"wacky tabaccy" or is full of S_ _ _ T & trying to stir up trouble.

As far as discounts go WE give EVERYONE BMWCCA members  included a MINIMUM
of 20% Off list and as high as 50% off LIST. We sell to many dealers as we
can get stuff CHEAPER than they can.Since we BUY inventories from dealers
who go "bellyup" we "BUY" Right & can afford to sell for less! What most
people don't know is that BMW is a "BUILDER" of Automobiles. They BUY parts
from a W-I-D-E variety of sources in Europe US & Japan. They take ALL of
these various parts & build cars. SIMPLE.Many parts are available Directly
from the SOURCE at prices FAR CHEAPER than BMW's price 20% off or not! For
example lets take camshaft part # 11-31-1-707-151 for 535 635 & 735 models
BMW list price is $554.98. 20% off is $443.98. I'll sell you the same cam in
a different colored box from the same mfg......for $299.00 !!!! Bavarian
Motorsport sells it for $379.95 BMP sells it for $359.95. Still want to pay
20% OFF @ the Dealer?? This is an area where there's alot of difference.
Some items its a bit tighter.It all depends it all depends.

Moral of the story goes....Rodd Sidney will sell you BMW parts at a minimum
of 20% OFF Dealer List. We start there then give you a better deal. One last
thought to educate you...the consumer. BEWARE BEWARE the BMW Dealer trap of
"Double Costing" his inventory prices & THEN giving you your 20% OFF

HERE'S the math ....... Lets say the part lists for $121 & dealer costs for
$78.65.... MANY MANY BMW dealers take the COST of $78.65 ...DOUBLE it to $157.30
& SELL it for that price to the "Street" trade & on repair orders in the
shop. You come in with your "Shiny" CCA card & either get a rude look as
above in Mr Wheelers story? fantasy? OR you get your 20% OFF of
$157.30....and pay $125.84 which is still $4.84 over book retail......AND
YOU """THINK""" you got a good deal. HA! That's why I stress to you DIY'ERS
to buy the BMW Price Book. That way you will know what the REAL LIST price
is Before you shop.I realize its a "Jungle" out there and many of you either
A. Don't trust the dealer with your BMW B. Don't have the funds to take it
there and write out Big Checks every trip, or C. Just like workin on your
ride. Whatever......How do I know this....Well I do it 12 hrs every day
Mon-Fri from 8am-8pm MST I get a little breather over the weekends & BOOM
Monday am the phone starts "ringing" at sometimes 6am......SORRY still
snoozin you east coasters. We live on Mountain Time.HEH if you got a ???????
CALL ME TOLLFREE on MY Dime! We don't advertise like some of the other guys
with a "You Pay" line for ??? & a TollFree line for orders. YOU can CALL
Rodd Sidney TOLLFREE 8am-6pm , or leave a voicemail message 24 hrs @ day at
1-800-203-2071 & our expanded New # 1-800-590-7770. OR FAX us @
1-915-599-8782. We'll have our new TOLLFREE 800 FAX# soon!

Thanks for listening...or reading. Hope we clarified some stuff up. We
welcome your business...... Rodd

Rodd Sidney                  BMW Dealer Marketing Web Page
bmwrodd@domain.elided     http://DM.home.ml.org
               Orderline 1-800-203-2071