[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bmw-digest V5 #229

Just got to the digest about the 193 kkm M3. I have driven a 266k mile 87 M3
in Ft Lauderdale that the guy is tryingto pass off as 77kmi. It drove like a
77kmi car. If he had been asking decent money for it, I'd have probably
bought it. But @ $7k I got suspicious and ran a title check. 266k is the last
time it changed hands almost a year ago. In IN the miles must be registered
unknown. I'd LIKE to have it say 266k, but the DMV won't let me guess, even
if it's on the high side. Oh, well. Don't let the miles scare you ,
especially if you have any kind of records. But a leak-down test should tell
you if it's still sound. And don't buy a 77kmi M3 from a Snap-on dealer in
Miami!
BTW, what is the highest actual milage E30 M3 out there? LEt's run a thread
on this instead of chain-letter/Bonami/Snake 50/good cop/bad cop/ for a
change!

Nomex and Halon,

Jeff Krause aka m5jeff@domain.elided
http://www.trader.com/users/5012/8969