[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Do NOT use Prestone Wheel Cleaner!!!

Recently I tried using a new wheel cleaner by Prestone on my OEM wheel ('84 318i).  The cleaner not only took off the brake dust, but it also turned the wheel white - I assume it took off the paint as well.

The product I used is in a green colored bottle with a brush on the top.  I only have experience with using it on my wheels, but I would be hesitant to use it on any others.

Is there any way to correct the damage that has been done besides repainting?  Would I be right to assume that Prestone should pay for the cost of the correction - it says on the label that it is "for any wheel" and there is no disclaimer or anything about testing it first.  Thanks for any advice.

CJ