[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Accessing the Battery

        I am almost ashamed to ask such a simple question, but here goes
anyway. I have a 92 525i. The battery is located under the rear seat.
Nowhere in either my Chilton or Owner's Manual does it tell you how to get
at the battery. One of the drawings in the Owner's Manual shows *one* way,
in some cars, of pulling up the bottom/bench portion of the rear seat, by
way of a strap tucked into the split between the bottom and top of the rear
seat. I fished all around: there's no such strap in mine. Are there any
hidden latches, etc.? Do you pull forward then up? Just pull up? What's the
trick?
        TIA and regards,
        BobG