[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Your post

You wrote:

From: Cary D Mc Reynolds <cary@domain.elided>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 21:28:06 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: John Browne's Post

	I just wanted to say that John's post should be read carefully.
While John is very modest about his driving skills he is in reality a
top-notch driver.  After having ridden in PeeKay, I will also add that
John knows how to set up a car well.
	I would also like to add a few comments to John's statement about
power v. handling.   We often get caught up in the power debates instead
of concentrating on handling.   I have found that on back roads and at
the track that lack of power is not the problem, lack of handling is.
If
you can go through corners faster you don't need as much power to
accelerate on the straits.
	Also in reference to suspension kits, I would also suggest
staying away from kits that advertise lots of drop.  In the case of a
car
like my 320i I ended up going with Suspension Technics because their
springs only lowered the car by 3/4".  Guess what, I have about 2.5
degrees of negative camber at the rear.  If I had put springs on that
lower the car more, I would have had way to much camber on the rear for
daily driver.
	Well, thats my two bits.
<<

Cary, first of all thanks for the nice complement. PeeKay is much better
than it was at Portland, due to softer springs F&R. Now I need to corner
balance the car (scales are hard to get hold of) and then I think we'll
be, well, close anyway <g>.

You're dead on the money about both your other two points, too. I've
been humbled by old Alfas and Rabbits that out handled my BMW super-car;
they could carry more speed onto the straights and zoom! they were
gone... Proof is also in the 2002s and E30 M3s that keep winning BMW CCA
club races.

Cheers,
John Browne
M3 LTW (PeeKay)