[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E28> Paint classification?

Hi All,  What is the type of paint that BMW used on the 1988 E28 ///M5?

I was going to repaint a couple of small areas and repair some paint chips and
called the local dealer for a pint to a quart of "028" Schwarz.  The parts guy
said they do not have that much for sale but that I should go to the local PPG
paint supplier, as that is where the dealer gets the paint they use.  Called the
PPG retailer and he wanted to know what type of paint it was: acryllic enamel,
acryllic urethane, etc.  I believe that the finish is not a clear coat, as black
comes off using HD Cleanse.  Any help appreciated!

Regards,

Joe Fahy
'88 ///M5
'74 911S