[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Advertising on the Digest!

Carl said:
>>I do distinquish "avertising" from  limited offers <<
>>made for sale of goods or services that are very <<
>>BMW specific.<<

I can't figure out what it is about Rodd that bothers some
digesters so much.  I have personally done business with
Rodd and been very satisfied.  If it weren't for one of his
"hard to find" commercial posts, I wouldn't have a factory
shop manual or fiche in ENGLISH for my car (I had been
told by numerous sources that they didn't exist).

When someone recently posted asking about mail order
experience, there were several positive posts from
satisfied customers.

His posts are not near as subtle as Phil's I admit, but
I've noticed several posts when he has offered advice
without an applicable product to sell.  He has a great
Web site you should check out.

I searched the last 25 digests (lost v5#202) and found
only one commercial post from Rodd, yeh there was
the <none> subject string, and an apology for it, but
that could happen to any of us (and has).  During the
same time Milos', Steves', and Andrews' and several
others appeared at least as often.  There were posts
with questions addressed to Rodd, digesters referring
others to Rodd, and half a dozen joking about the
<none> string.  Honest search it yourself.

I agree with Carl that limited "BMW specific" ads are
appropriate and they don't get much more specific
than Rodds.  Having just endured the "F-cops/storm
trooper/speed trap/corrupt justice" thread, Rodds'
commercial post was a breathe of fresh air :-).

Thanks Richard for a doing a great job of maintaining
this open forum where we can all disagree!!

Kevin Heiner
84 745i turbo     (the cruiser)
81 911SC Targa (the runabout)
96 4Runner        (the family truckster)
93 Toy P/U        (heavy? hauler soon to be replaced by Dodge Ram)